As the leader of a team, you have significant responsibility for operating and/or
support of the company.
This requires you to lead a team to get the work done.
Leadership coaching helps you to hone your skills in leadership.
Leadership Skills Are Essential To High Performing Teams
There is no question that leading your team well will help your team to actually do better work and get it done as planned. Yet, we don’t think of leadership that way. We think that it is the team’s responsibility to do their job and the leader just makes sure that happens. Simple enough.
However your team has a lot of people on it, and your direct reports have their own teams. These teams are made up of people you inherited, people you hired, people new to the company, and people new to your team. It is not as simple as everyone just doing their job and reporting to you when it is done.
This is where your leadership comes into play. A strong leader builds high performing teams. To have the best team, you are responsible for:
- Making sure that everyone knows the goals and vision of your department or company.
- Creating a culture that matches the company’s culture and performs at the highest levels.
- Making sure that everyone on the team knows their role and is qualified for their position.
- Ensuring that the team works in unity towards the goals and objectives set before them.
- Motivating everyone to work consistently, efficiently, and with enthusiasm.
The list goes on. With so much responsibility you want to make sure you are leading your team as effectively as possible.
Leadership In Practice, Not Just Theory
Our leadership coaching is specifically focused on developing your leadership skills in practice. While you are becoming a more effective motivator, planner, delegator, recruiter, performance manager, and team-builder, you are practicing the skills daily in your department with your teams.
Our leadership coaching is not the same as reading a book on leadership or attending a week -long conference. You will have a coach who is by your side, educating you, training you, and working through the real issues that busy executives face every day.
The Leadership Program
The most effective coaching program includes:
- Two leadership assessments to understand who you are as a leader and to provide a baseline of where you are with your team.
- Regular meetings to discuss leadership goals, develop specific action plans, and to discuss the implementation of these skills with your teams.
- Accountability that ensures you are putting your learning into action and adjusting along the way.
- During these meetings, you will also measure how you are doing in comparison with your goals, and we will work together to adjust or change any plans that are not working.
- We will conduct team building workshops with your team and help you learn and understand their temperaments and strengths as well as you understand your own.
Over time you will find your team working better together, achieving goals as planned, and living up to their full potential under your leadership. Simultaneously, you will find that your departments are also achieving their operational goals and conducting their day to day business with efficiency and effectiveness.
This leadership coaching not only helps you to build a high performing team, it helps you become the best leader for YOUR high performing team.
Call now to discuss a custom leadership program for you and your team.
For additional information contact us.