-Andrea Williamson, Area Director of Revenue Management
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®)
The following are some of the top workshops we have delivered.
We have 1-hour, 3-hour, 4-hour and full-day versions of these workshops which we tailor specifically to you.
High Performing Teams
High performing teams are the teams that everyone wants to work for. They get so much done and they have a lot of fun doing it. Engagement is high. Team members believe in one another’s gifts and bring out the best in one another.
High performing teams have four characteristics. They are a group of people:
- With specific roles and complementary talents and skills
- Who are aligned with and committed to a common purpose
- Who consistently show high levels of collaboration and innovation
- Who produce superior results
This workshop outlines what it takes to move a team from where they are now to becoming a High Performing Team.
Before the workshop, in a private meeting, we start by assessing the team you have. Assessment(s) are administered to better identify how team members are wired, what potential blind spots the team has, and to develop a team map that visually shows the team’s types.
The workshop starts by understanding how each team member is wired, how to energize one another and how to successfully work with one another (See the workshop “MBTI: Leadership By Type”).
We then explore ten characteristics that all high performing teams display. The team evaluates itself against these characteristics and plans are generated to chart how they move to the highest levels.
This workshop is followed up with at least two group coaching meetings to cement what was learned.
MBTI: Leadership By Type
Imagine if you knew:
- How to successfully work with each team member
- How to energize each person on your team
- What frustrates or stresses out each team member
- What pitfalls each team member is working on
Think of how much better your team’s communication, collaboration, and engagement would be.
This workshop will leverage fun role plays and exercises to help a team understand how each of their team members is wired, what’s similar between them, and what differences to remember.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is the world’s most popular assessment. It is taken by more than two million people per year.
With the results of this assessment your team will receive:
- An MBTI team map that will help them to quickly and visually know how to adjust their communication style to each team member
- One-pagers on each team member that each team member has tailored specifically to themselves so that all team members know:
- How to successfully work with each other
- How to energize each other
- What frustrates each other
- What stresses each other out
- What pitfalls they are working on
- How to tell if they are chronically stressed and what to do about it
Emotional Intelligence: The Secret Sauce of High Performing Teams
Did you know that regardless of the role a team member has, 58% of all job performance is based on emotional intelligence (EQ)? While competency is what gets someone a job, emotional intelligence is what gets them promoted. Emotional intelligence is a skill that can be developed. With 58% of all job performance based on EQ, it is the top skill that should be invested in for teams to move to higher levels of engagement and performance.
The teams that everyone wants to work on increase their emotional intelligence and that leads to higher engagement, efficient production, and superior results.
In this workshop teams will learn:
- What is emotional intelligence
- What are the components that make up emotional intelligence
- How to increase one’s emotional intelligence
- Who to go to on the team for mentoring on specific facets of emotional intelligence
- How to use emotional intelligence to improve verbal and email communication
- How to use emotional intelligence to increase engagement and performance
This workshop also contains what many participants have said is “the funniest role play they have ever witnessed.”
Developing Professional Development Plans (PDPs)
If you want to play to win then your team needs to get on the same page as to what a win is and develop an individualized plan so that everyone is pulling their weight to get there.
This workshop is designed to help your team create Professional Development Plans that are tangible, objective and completely actionable.
We start by discussing the company’s goal(s) for the year and your team’s role in achieving that goal.
Then we help each team member identify what is the most essential part of their role and how they, given their personality type and gifting, can best achieve that essential part.
The goal of this workshop is for your team to walk away with a completed Professional Development Plan.
How To Increase Engagement
Regardless of Circumstance
Engagement is the key to having employees that love the work they do and the people they do it with. Engaged employees get more done in less time, and are eager to push themselves to the next level.
There is only so much a company can do to create an environment where their people thrive. Most of engagement comes from within.
In this workshop, we discuss the nine principles of internal motivation and each participant develops a personal strategy for how they will increase their own engagement.
We love to create custom workshops to nail your needs.
For more information about workshops contact us.